Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A tense person

The last time he'd seen her was two years ago. It was actually two years and three months from today. She'd broken up with him coming on twenty-three months ago, and he was pretty sure there hadn't been a day since then he hadn't thought of her and her curly, brown hair. And now he was looking at her. Twenty-seven months to the day, and no notice she was in town. The last time he'd seen her here was even longer ago, almost three years. Here she was.

I haven't taken my medication for weeks. I think I'm stable, but it looks like maybe I've snapped. This reminds me of that movie I've seen. Beautiful Mind. After two years of daydreams and night dreams, now I'm seeing her without any indication she isn't actually there. Her friend's name is Tanner. Too bad I don't know him. He may be a hallucination too.

Next day you'll call, and she'll pick up after a few tries. Eventually you'll have plans to meet tomorrow in front of the Draper Wienerschnitzel, and you'll have lunch. Too bad you still won't have any real proof of any of the meeting tomorrow.

Next day, photos, text messages, $10 less than the day before.

Author's word count: 204

No comments: